The Child Fostering Online Course is designed to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of the process of fostering a child in the UK and the laws and practices involved. Whether you are taking your first steps to become a foster parent, or are interested in a career in this sector, this introductory course is for you. Through case studies and practical exercises, you will learn about the role of a foster carer in detail, the challenges that come with the role and the foster family support system.
Our experienced instructor will also talk you through the psychological issues that many foster children face and how to deal with, such as child sexual exploitation (CSE). By the end of the course, you will be equipped with all the skills and practical knowledge to become a qualified foster carer.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of child fostering laws in the UK
- Learn the process and steps of becoming a foster parent in the UK
- Understand the common challenges faced by foster parents
- Familiarise with the different types of foster care and the foster family support system
- Be aware of the common psychological issues that foster children may have
- Broaden your understanding of the benefits of fostering for both the carer and child
- Have an awareness of child sexual exploitation (CSE) in foster care and the signs of CSE
- Learn about the children’s social care workforce in England and how it is funded
- Gain an understanding of the training and support for foster carers in the UK
- Kickstart a new career in foster care or take steps to become a foster parent
Who is This Course for?
This introductory course is ideal for those who are looking to kickstart a career in foster care or start their own foster family. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied from any device with a Wi-Fi connection.
Our Child Fostering Online Course is fully compatible with any kind of device. Whether you are using Windows computer, Mac, smartphones or tablets, you will get the same experience while learning. Besides that, you will be able to access the course with any kind of internet connection from anywhere at any time without any kind of limitation.
By the end of this course, you will have an excellent understanding of the child fostering process and legislation in the UK, with the practical skills and knowledge to kickstart a career in this sector or start the process of becoming a foster parent. Related professions in child fostering include:
- Fostering Team Manager
- Supervising Social Worker
- Child Care Assessor
|Module 1: Child Fostering and Its History||00:05:00|
|Module 2: Child Fostering Laws in UK||00:20:00|
|Module 3: Challenges Faced by Foster Parents||00:10:00|
|Module 4: How to Become a Foster Parent||00:10:00|
|Module 5: Types of Foster Care||00:00:00|
|Module 6: Psychological Trauma in Foster Child||00:10:00|
|Module 7: Foster Family Support System||00:10:00|
|Module 8: Benefits for Foster Child Carer||00:05:00|
|Module 9: Outcomes for Children and Young People in Foster Care||00:45:00|
|Module 10: Children Sexually Exploitation in Foster Care (CSE)||00:15:00|
|Module 11: Impact of the Funding Cuts on Foster Care||00:10:00|
|Module 12: Recruiting, Retaining and Supporting the Foster Care Workforce||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.