Master essential IT skills required for any career in the IT sector, and develop your knowledge of computer-based systems, databases and communication networks, with the Essential IT Skills course. This course is designed to provide those who are new to the field with the essential skills to become a qualified IT technician.
You will get practical training in all areas of IT project management, with step-by-step guidance on how to use key word-processing and presentation software. This general course is for anyone who wishes to develop their IT skills and knowledge, regardless of their career or background. By the end of this course, you will have the ability to manage IT projects of all sizes, with an excellent understanding of the basics of computer science.
- Fast track your career with a recognised qualification in Essential IT
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of IT and the types of information technology
- identify the key components of a computer-based system
- Understand how communication networks work and how IT is used in communication
- Develop the essential skills and knowledge required to work in the IT sector
- Learn how to use spreadsheets and key word-processing and presentation software
- Gain a solid understanding of how information is stored in databases internally
- Know how to plan, organise and integrate IT projects of all sizes and scope
- Broaden your understanding of computer programming and operating systems
- Explore your job opportunities in this field and the different careers in IT
Who is This course for?
This introductory training course is ideal for those who are looking to secure a job in the IT sector and anyone who wishes to develop their basic IT knowledge. There are no specific learning requirements for this course, which can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
Our Essential IT Skills is fully compatible with any kind of device. Whether you are using Windows computer, Mac, smartphones or tablets, you will get the same experience while learning. Besides that, you will be able to access the course with any kind of internet connection from anywhere at any time without any kind of limitation.
Assessment and Certification
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After completing the course, you can order a certificate of achievement to display your achievement for as little as £3.99 for the PDF version and £7.99 for a paper version or £10 for both. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
A recognised qualification in IT will help learners to fast track their career in this sector and explore a range of roles, including:
- Trainee web Developer
- IT Technician
- Junior IT Support Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Database Manager
|Essential IT Skills|
|Module 01: Introduction: A Transforming Technology||00:20:00|
|Module 02: Importance of Information Technology||00:10:00|
|Module 03: Communication and Network||00:20:00|
|Module 04: Future Skills Required in Information Technology||00:15:00|
|Module 05: Technology as a Foundation Skill Area||00:10:00|
|Module 06: Word Processing Software||00:20:00|
|Module 07: Presentation Software||00:20:00|
|Module 08: Creating and Editing Spreadsheet (Part 1: The Basics of Spreadsheets)||00:10:00|
|Module 09: Creating and Editing Spreadsheet (Part 2: Navigation and Edit)||00:20:00|
|Module 10: Storing Database||00:20:00|
|Module 11: Information Technology Project Management||00:15:00|
No Reviews found for this course.