This introductory Safeguarding Children Level 2 course is designed to provide those who work with children with an in-depth understanding of child safeguarding practices, practices and procedures in the UK. You will receive practical training in all areas of safeguarding, from creating a safe and nurturing environment to reporting your safeguarding concerns.
Whether you work with children or are responsible for caring for them, this comprehensive course will teach you how to recognise the signs of abuse and will help you to familiarise with the child safeguarding and assessment framework. By the end of the course, you will have an excellent understanding of your legal requirements for safeguarding children and how to take appropriate action in the case of disclosure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding practices policies and procedures in the UK
- Learn the definition of safeguarding and child protection, and the differences between the two
- Have an awareness of the legislative framework surrounding safeguarding children
- Understand the role and function of local child safeguarding boards
- Know how to create a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment for children under your care
- Recognised the sings, symptoms and effects of abuse in children and young people
- Understand how to take appropriate action if a child discloses information regarding abuse
- Know how to report your safeguarding concerns to children’s services
- Earn a recognised qualification in Safeguarding Children to ensure your professional competency
- Familiarise with the child safeguarding assessment and analysis framework
Who is This Course for?
This introductory level 2 training course is ideal for anyone who works with children or is responsible for caring for children, whether in a professional or personal setting This course has no specific requirements for enrolment and can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
Our Safeguarding Children Level 2 is fully compatible with any kind of device. Whether you are using Windows computer, Mac, smartphones or tablets, you will get the same experience while learning. Besides that, you will be able to access the course with any kind of internet connection from anywhere at any time without any kind of limitation.
Assessment and Certification
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After completing the course, you can order a certificate of achievement to display your achievement for as little as £3.99 for the PDF version and £7.99 for a paper version or £10 for both. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
This level 2 safeguarding course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to ensure the proper safeguarding of the welfare of children under your care and supervision. This course is ideal for those who work in the following professions:
- Paediatric Nursing
- Child Counselling
- Social Work
|Safeguarding Children Level 2|
|Module 1: Introduction||00:05:00|
|Module 2: The Legislative Framework: The Children Act 1989, The Children Act 2004||00:10:00|
|Module 3: Roles and Responsibilities: Part I||01:00:00|
|Module 4: Roles and Responsibilities: Part II||00:55:00|
|Module 5: Local Safeguarding Children Boards: Functions of Safeguarding Boards||00:25:00|
|Module 6: Planning and Safeguarding Structures||00:10:00|
|Module 7: The Impact of Abuse and Neglect||00:20:00|
|Module 8: Principles of Working with Children and their Families||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.