The Alcohol and Drug Addiction Psychology course is designed to provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of substance misuse, and addiction counselling practices and theories. It is ideal training for those who are pursuing a career in drug addiction counselling.
Through case studies and specialist audio-visual material, you will learn about the causes and symptoms of drug abuse, as well as the risks and laws regarding substance abuse. You will learn how to spot the signs of addiction, how to stage an intervention for someone who is suffering from addiction, and much more.
This course also explores addiction treatment strategies, taking you through the therapeutic process in detail. You will learn how to recognise when an individual needs help and will develop all the fundamental skills to counsel clients and fast track your career in drug addiction psychology.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of drug and alcohol misuse
- Understand the reasons for addiction and recognise the main symptoms
- Learn the fundamental principles of drug and alcohol misuse counselling
- Have an awareness of the effects, risks and laws regarding substance abuse
- Broaden your understanding of drug and alcohol prevention measures
- Develop basic counselling knowledge and skills for drug and alcohol abuse
- Explore a range of addiction treatment strategies and services in the UK
- Recognise when an individual needs help and how to start an intervention
- Gain a solid understanding of the therapeutic process for drug addiction treatment
- Understand the main factors that influence drug and alcohol addiction
Who is This Course for?
This course is ideal for those who are looking to kickstart a career in drug addiction counselling or those who are caring for someone with drug or alcohol addiction. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied part-time or full-time.
Our Alcohol and Drug Addiction Psychology is fully compatible with any kind of device. Whether you are using Windows computer, Mac, smartphones or tablets, you will get the same experience while learning. Besides that, you will be able to access the course with any kind of internet connection from anywhere at any time without any kind of limitation.
Assessment and Certification
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After completing the course, you can order a certificate of achievement to display your achievement for as little as £3.99 for the PDF version and £7.99 for a paper version or £10 for both. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
On successful completion, learners will have the fundamental knowledge and skills to provide adequate care for those who are suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. Related professions in this field include:
- Drug Addiction Counsellor
- Social Worker
- Health & Wellbeing Nurse
- Substance Misuse Family Key Worker
- Recovery Worker
|Add Moral Model||00:06:00|
|Add Psy Model||00:07:00|
|Add Medic Model||00:09:00|
|Add Socio Cultmod||00:05:00|
|Add Counsel Therapy||00:07:00|
|Add Harm Reduct||00:05:00|
|Add Treatm Practice||00:05:00|
|Add Community Reach||00:06:00|
|Add Alchol Educ||00:06:00|
|Add Family Addiction||00:08:00|
|Add Why Helper||00:03:00|
|Add Art Accept||00:04:00|
|Add Counsel Skills||00:04:00|
No Reviews found for this course.