“Child Care Essentials” is here to guide you through the exciting first year of a baby’s life. This course will show you the beautiful bond that forms between babies and caregivers. We’ll learn how babies start to communicate, feel emotions, and celebrate their small but important milestones.
With guidance from our expert tutor, we’ll dive into how babies “talk” to us. This means looking at their gestures, body language, and other tiny signals. Our goal? To help you understand and connect with babies in real, everyday moments, ensuring you’re there for them in the best ways possible.
In short, this course is all about understanding, loving, and safely caring for babies. Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, or someone looking to work with babies, we’re here to give you the knowledge and tools you need.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the social and emotional development of children and young people.
- Develop the fundamental skills to create a safe, secure and healthy environment.
- Take steps to become a qualified nanny, childminder or maternity nurse with a recognised qualification in Child Care.
- Have an awareness of safeguarding policies, procedures and practices in the UK.
- Learn about the innate reflexes of newborn babies and what they signify
Who is This Course for?
- Aspiring caregivers are eager to delve deep into the world of infant care.
- Parents and guardians aim to understand and foster their child’s developmental journey.
- Educators and tutors seeking a comprehensive insight into early childhood growth.
- Medical professionals like paediatricians and child therapists are keen on a refresher or added insight.
- Individuals pursuing a vocation in child-focused environments are keen to offer unparalleled care.
- This course is available to all learners of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- A strong grasp of English, numeracy, and ICT is necessary for enrollment in this course.
Once you finish the course, you have the option to get a certificate to show your success. The PDF version costs just £3.99, while a printed one is £7.99. If you’d like both, it’s £10. For students outside the UK, there’s an extra £10 for delivery.
- Childminder: Average salary range £20,000 – £25,000.
- Nursery Nurse: Average salary range £15,000 – £22,000.
- Child Care Centre Manager: Average salary range £25,000 – £35,000.
- Paediatric Nurse: Average salary range £24,000 – £34,000.
- Child Therapist: Average salary range £31,000 – £47,000.
- Early Childhood Educator: Average salary range £18,000 – £28,000.
|Babies from Birth to One Year|
|About the Course and your Tutor||00:02:00|
|The Importance of Bonding||00:08:00|
|The Social and Emotional development: from birth to 1 yr||00:06:00|
|The Innate Reflexes of Newborn Babies||00:07:00|
|The Benefits of Testing at ‘Milestones’||00:07:00|
|Language and Linguistic Skills Development|
|Forms of communication||00:05:00|
|What is ‘Pre-linguistic’ form of communication||00:05:00|
|The Active and the Passive Communication||00:06:00|
|The Importance of Opportunities in Development of the Skills||00:05:00|
|The Importance of Body Language||00:06:00|