In the vibrant realm of childhood, play emerges as a language of its own—a magical symphony of imagination, learning, and growth. The course “Child Playwork” offers a deep dive into this enchanting universe, unravelling the myriad layers of child play and its profound implications. With an exquisite blend of theory and real-world insights, it acquaints learners with the nuances of playwork, its foundational principles, and the practices that underpin this critical domain.
Every playful giggle conceals a treasure trove of developmental, educational, and health benefits. And it’s not just about fun; it’s a matter of well-being, inclusivity, and social progress. This course deftly showcases the positive impacts of playwork on children’s health, their socio-economic upliftment, and, more importantly, their holistic development. Furthermore, it delves into the often-overlooked dangers of play deprivation, urging caregivers and educators to foster an environment rich in joyful play.
Yet, the canvas of playwork isn’t just about understanding its significance. It’s about application and manifestation. Therefore, from designing captivating play spaces to ensuring the safety of these havens through legislation, this course provides comprehensive guidance. Add to that the facets of administrative context and reflective playwork practice, and learners are well-prepared to champion the cause of child playwork.
- Acquire a foundational understanding of child playwork and its core concepts.
- Recognise the myriad benefits—developmental, health, educational, economic, and social—of playwork.
- Discern the risks associated with play deprivation in children.
- Design inclusive and engaging play environments based on playwork principles.
- Navigate administrative and legal aspects of child playwork to ensure optimal and safe experiences.
Who is this Course for?
- Individuals are passionate about understanding the depth and breadth of child play.
- Educators seeking to enhance their teaching methods through playwork.
- Parents aim for the holistic development of their children through play.
- Childcare practitioners want to incorporate playwork principles.
- Policymakers and urban planners are keen on creating child-friendly environments.
Once you finish the course, you have the option to get a certificate to show your success. The PDF version costs just £3.99, while a printed one is £7.99. If you’d like both, it’s £10. For students outside the UK, there’s an extra £10 for delivery.
- This course is available to all learners of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- A strong grasp of English, numeracy, and ICT is necessary for enrollment in this course.
- Playwork Practitioner: £20,000 – £25,000
- Child Development Specialist: £30,000 – £40,000
- Childcare Manager: £25,000 – £35,000
- Playwork Trainer: £28,000 – £38,000
- Child Play Therapist: £30,000 – £45,000
- Urban Child Play Space Designer: £35,000 – £50,000
|Module 01: Introduction To Child Playwork||00:40:00|
|Module 02: Playwork Theory, Principles And Practices||00:10:00|
|Module 03: The Educational And Learning Benefits Of Playwork||00:40:00|
|Module 04: Play And Playwork In A Health And Well-Being Context||01:00:00|
|Module 05: The Economic And Social Benefits Of Playwork||01:00:00|
|Module 06: The Developmental Benefits Of Playwork||00:45:00|
|Module 07: The Negative Results Of Play Deprivation||00:10:00|
|Module 08: Inclusive Play And Play Environment||00:35:00|
|Module 09: Designing Play Spaces||01:10:00|
|Module 10: The Administrative Context Of A Playwork Provision||01:10:00|
|Module 11: Legislation For Safeguarding Children And Child Playwork||00:40:00|
|Module 12: Reflective Playwork Practice||00:40:00|