In a world where the safety and well-being of children are paramount, “Safeguarding Children Level 3” emerges as an essential beacon of knowledge and skills. This course, meticulously designed for those dedicated to the protection of children, delves into the complexities and nuances of safeguarding with a comprehensive curriculum. Imagine embarking on a journey through eight critical modules, each unfolding new layers of understanding about child protection. From the foundational principles in the “Introduction to Safeguarding” to the intricate details of “Record Keeping,” every aspect is covered to ensure learners are thoroughly prepared.
As the course progresses, participants will navigate through crucial legal frameworks and guidelines in “Laws and Guidance,” gaining a robust understanding of the legalities involved in child protection. The heart-wrenching realities of “Child Abuse” and “Child Sexual Exploitation” are explored with sensitivity and depth, providing learners with the acumen to identify and respond effectively. The journey continues with practical insights into “Responding to Disclosure and Reporting,” equipping participants with the skills to handle disclosures with utmost professionalism and empathy.
The final stages of the course, “Risks and Risk Assessment” and “Things to Do After Referral,” offer a strategic approach to assessing risks and managing post-referral processes. The capstone, “Record Keeping,” teaches the art of meticulous documentation, a crucial skill in safeguarding practices. By the end of this course, learners are not just educated but transformed into vigilant guardians, ready to make a significant difference in the lives of children.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of child protection principles and the legal framework governing child safety.
- Develop skills to identify and appropriately respond to various forms of child abuse and exploitation.
- Learn effective strategies for responding to disclosures and reporting suspected abuse.
- Acquire competencies in risk assessment and management in child protection scenarios.
- Master the art of maintaining accurate and confidential records related to safeguarding cases.
Who Is This Course For?
- Education, healthcare, social work, and law enforcement professionals seek to enhance their child protection knowledge.
- Volunteers working with children in various capacities.
- Childcare providers require an advanced understanding of safeguarding principles.
- Individuals aspiring to enter professions involving child care and protection.
- Policymakers and administrators aiming to strengthen child welfare systems.
Once you finish the course, you can get a certificate to show your success. The PDF version costs just £3.99, while a printed one is £7.99. If you’d like both, it’s £10. For students outside the UK, there’s an extra £10 for delivery.
- This course is available to all learners of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be 16 or over to undertake the course.
- A strong grasp of English, numeracy, and ICT is necessary for enrollment in this course.
- Child Protection Officer: £27,000 – £37,000
- Social Worker: £24,000 – £40,000
- School Counsellor: £22,000 – £35,000
- Youth Worker: £20,000 – £30,000
- Family Support Worker: £18,000 – £28,000
- Safeguarding Lead in Education: £26,000 – £36,000
|Module 01: Introduction to Safeguarding|
|Introduction to Safeguarding||00:21:00|
|Module 02: Laws and Guidance|
|Laws and Guidance||00:43:00|
|Module 03: Child Abuse|
|Module 04: Child Sexual Exploitation|
|Child Sexual Exploitation||00:38:00|
|Module 05: Responding to Disclosure and Reporting|
|Responding to Disclosure and Reporting||00:25:00|
|Module 06: Risks and Risk Assessment|
|Risks and Risk Assessment||00:16:00|
|Module 07: Things to Do after Referral|
|Things to Do after Referral||00:24:00|
|Module 08: Record Keeping|