- Identify and apply relevant laws and guidance pertaining to the safeguarding of children.
- Recognise and respond effectively to social and emotional development issues in children.
- Analyse and support the personality and intellectual development of children.
- Demonstrate knowledge of child abuse and its various forms, including physical, emotional, and neglect.
- Understand the nature and impact of sexual abuse on children, and respond appropriately.
- Assess the impact of domestic violence and abuse on children, and implement suitable interventions.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potential risks to children’s well-being and safety.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to respond to disclosure and report concerns of child abuse promptly.
In this comprehensive course on safeguarding children, you will explore the laws and guidelines surrounding the protection of children. Gain a deep understanding of social and emotional development and children’s personality and intellectual growth. Learn to identify different forms of child abuse, including sexual abuse, and understand the impact of domestic violence on children. Develop the skills to assess risks and conduct risk assessments effectively. Discover how to respond to disclosures and report concerns promptly, ensuring the safety and well-being of children. With engaging and informative content, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools needed to navigate the challenges of safeguarding children.
Who is this course for?
- Social workers seek to enhance their understanding of safeguarding children.
- Teachers and educators who interact with children and wish to ensure their well-being.
- Healthcare professionals involved in the care and support of children.
- Police officers and law enforcement personnel are responsible for child protection.
- Parents and caregivers who want to deepen their knowledge of safeguarding children.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. Ofqual does not regulate this course and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For details please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Please Note: Euston College is a Course Gate approved resale partner for Quality Licence Scheme Endorsed courses.
Assessment and Certificate
Quality Licence Scheme Endorsed Certificate for Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 and 3.
To make the evaluation process much more convenient for you, we’ve added the feature of automatic assessment. After you finish each module, you’ll participate in an online MCQ test. Each test will be marked instantly, and you’ll receive the result immediately as well. The passing score on each test is 60%.
After successfully passing all the exams, you will be eligible to claim a certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme without any cost.
- Social Worker (£31,000-£40,000)
- Child Protection Officer (£24,000-£34,000)
- Teacher or Educator (£24,000-£36,000)
- Police Officer specialising in Child Protection (£22,000-£40,000)
- Family Support Worker (£18,000-£28,000)
|Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 - Updated Version|
|Laws and Guidance||00:41:00|
|Social and Emotional Development||00:43:00|
|Personality and Intellectual Development of Children||00:36:00|
|The Impact of Domestic Violence and Abuse on Children||00:49:00|
|Risks and Risk Assessment||00:14:00|
|Responding to Disclosure and Reporting||00:25:00|
|Safeguarding Trafficked Children||00:30:00|
|Infant Mental Health and Early Attachment||00:29:00|
|Assessing Need and Providing Early Help||00:23:00|
|Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 - Old Version|
|Safeguarding Children Level 1|
|Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding||00:21:00|
|Module 2: Laws and Guidance||00:42:00|
|Safeguarding Children Level 2|
|Module 3: Child Abuse||00:48:00|
|Module 4: Sexual Abuse||00:39:00|
|Module 5: Risks and Risk Assessment||00:16:00|
|Safeguarding Children Level 3|
|Module 6: Responding to Disclosure and Reporting||00:32:00|
|Module 7: Things to Do after Referral||00:22:00|
|Module 8: Record Keeping||00:17:00|