Imagine living in a world where traditional speaking and listening aren’t your main ways to connect. That’s the reality for the deaf community. Our “Deaf Awareness Training” is here to take you on a journey into their world. In this course, you’ll learn about the life, culture, and challenges faced by deaf people. This isn’t just about facts and figures; it’s about understanding and feeling closer to fellow humans who experience life differently. Together, let’s make a world where everyone feels understood and included.
Please note: Our Deaf Awareness Training course only gives you the theoretical knowledge to excel in this field. This course doesn’t entitle you to practise as a professional in this specific field.
- Learn all the skills you require to be a specialist
- Tricks to become a master of this field
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a worker
- Learn how to deal with the difficulties in this sector
- Get a clear understanding of the job market and current demand
- Be able to update your knowledge about the relevant sector
Once you finish the course, you have the option to get a certificate to show your success. The PDF version costs just £3.99, while a printed one is £7.99. If you’d like both, it’s £10. For students outside the UK, there’s an extra £10 for delivery.
Who is this Course for?
- Individuals keen to understand and immerse themselves in Deaf culture and community.
- Educators and trainers looking to diversify their skill set by understanding Deaf education.
- Medical professionals aim to comprehend the causes of deafness and auditory innovations.
- Language enthusiasts are eager to learn and apply British Sign Language in various settings.
- Social workers and community leaders want to bridge the gap between Deaf and hearing communities.
- This course is available to all learners of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- A strong grasp of English, numeracy, and ICT is necessary for enrollment in this course.
- Deaf Education Teacher: £24,000 – £37,000 per annum
- BSL Interpreter: £20,000 – £45,000 per annum
- Audiologist: £31,000 – £45,000 per annum
- Deaf Community Outreach Officer: £22,000 – £35,000 per annum
- Hearing Aid Dispenser: £20,000 – £34,000 per annum
- Deaf Support Worker: £18,000 – £30,000 per annum
|Module 01: Introduction to Deaf Awareness|
|Introduction to Deaf Awareness||00:22:00|
|Module 02: Deaf Community and Culture|
|Deaf Community and Culture||00:20:00|
|Module 03: Causes of Being Deaf and Auditory Innovations|
|Causes of Being Deaf and Auditory Innovations||00:21:00|
|Module 04: Deaf Education|
|Module 05: British Sign Language|
|British Sign Language||00:17:00|
|Module 06: BSL in Its Social Context|
|BSL in Its Social Context||00:18:00|
|Module 07: Social Interaction between Deaf and Hearing People|
|Social Interaction between Deaf and Hearing People||00:15:00|
|Order Your Certificate||00:00:00|