Welcome to the captivating universe of “Advanced Child Psychology“. Ever pondered the wonders of a child’s mind? Our course unravels these mysteries. We’ll guide you through the way children perceive the world, their feelings, and how they express themselves. Furthermore, it provides insights into the hurdles some children encounter and how their family, school, and surroundings play a role in their development. Whether you’re an eager parent, an educator, or merely intrigued by the youthful psyche, this course is your key to a deeper understanding.
- Understand and apply theories of child development.
- Evaluate factors influencing child development.
- Analyze and interpret child behavior.
- Discuss ethical considerations in child psychology research and practice.
- Develop evidence-based interventions and strategies for child development and mental health.
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz-based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately, and results will be published instantly.
After completing the course, you can order a certificate of achievement to display your achievement for as little as £3.99 for the PDF version and £7.99 for the paper version or £10 for both. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Who is This course for?
- Individuals keen on understanding the intricacies of child development and behaviour.
- Parents or guardians are eager to gain deeper insights into their child’s emotional and cognitive journey.
- Educators, teachers, or tutors want to foster a better classroom environment.
- Aspiring child psychologists aim to enhance their foundational knowledge.
- Social workers or caregivers focused on children with special needs or facing developmental challenges.
- This course is available to all learners of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- A strong grasp of English, numeracy, and ICT is necessary for enrollment in this course.
- Child Psychologist: £45,000 – £60,000 annually
- Special Needs Teacher: £25,000 – £40,000 annually
- Speech and Language Therapist: £30,000 – £48,000 annually
- Child Welfare Consultant: £28,000 – £42,000 annually
- Educational Psychologist: £35,000 – £52,000 annually
- Child Development Researcher: £27,000 – £50,000 annually
|Module 01: Basics of Child Psychology|
|What is Child Psychology?||00:20:00|
|Defining Children and Childhood||00:30:00|
|Module 02: Child Development Theories|
|Personality (Psychosocial) Development Theories||00:20:00|
|Growth & Development Theories||00:15:00|
|Cognitive (Intellectual) Development Theories||00:30:00|
|Social Learning Theories||00:30:00|
|Moral Reasoning Theories||00:30:00|
|Module 03: Factors That Influence Development|
|Genetic Influences in Development||00:30:00|
|Influence of Attachment||00:20:00|
|Influence of Gender||00:30:00|
|Nutrition and Child Development||00:45:00|
|Module 04: Different Types of Child Development|
|Social and Emotional Development||00:30:00|
|Moral and Ethical Development||00:15:00|
|Module 05: Communication and Language Development|
|Promoting Communication Development||00:20:00|
|The Development of Language||00:10:00|
|Module 06: Difficulties, Disabilities and Disorders|
|Difficulties in language development||00:05:00|
|Phases of Grief||00:10:00|
|Module 07: Caring Children With Special Needs|
|Caring for Children with Feeding and Communication Differences||00:10:00|
|Caring for Children with Mobility Differences||00:05:00|
|Caring for The Child with Special Social and Emotional Needs||00:10:00|
|How to Care for Children with Complex Needs?||00:10:00|
|Module 08: Understanding the Role of a Child Psychologist|
|High Intelligence & School Psychology||00:05:00|
|Roles and Responsibilities of an Educational Psychologist||00:05:00|
|Module 09: Self Esteem & Confidence|
|Why self-esteem matters and How to Nurture it?||00:05:00|
|Module 10: Child Psychology - Applied|
|What is ‘Child Psychology’?||00:08:00|
|The Role of Child Psychologist||00:06:00|
|Where do Child Psychologists Work||00:07:00|
|Module 11: Child Psychology - Theoretical Approach|
|Why do we need to learn theories?||00:08:00|
|Developmental Theories: What we are born with||00:09:00|
|Module 12: Environmental & Socio-Cultural and Family & Schooling Factors in Development|
|‘Attachment’ factor in newborns||00:09:00|
|Socio-Cultural Factors in Child’s Development||00:08:00|
|Module 13: Cognitive and Emotional Development|
|Language & Cognitive Development||00:07:00|
|Emotions & Feelings||00:06:00|
|Socialising with others||00:04:00|
|Thank You and Good Bye!||00:02:00|
|Module 14: Babies from Birth to One Year|
|Saving and Exporting in Photoshop CC||FREE||00:02:00|
|HSL and Grayscale in Photoshop CC||00:08:00|
|Split Toning in Photoshop CC||00:06:00|
|Lens Corrections in Photoshop CC||00:07:00|
|Spot and Blemish Removal in Photoshop CC||00:07:00|
|Module 15: Stages and Sequences of Social and Emotional Development|
|Targeted Adjustments in Photoshop CC||00:06:00|
|The Ages and Stages that Children go through||00:12:00|
|Straighten and Transform Tools in Photoshop CC||00:07:00|
|Graduated, Radial, Brush Filters in Photoshop CC||00:07:00|
|Full Landscape Edit in Photoshop CC||00:07:00|
|Range Masks in Photoshop CC||00:06:00|
|Module 16: Language and Linguistic Skills Development|
|Exporting in Lightroom Classic CC||00:05:00|
|Removing Blemishes With the Heal and Clone Tools in Lightroom Classic CC||00:05:00|
|Range Masks in Lightroom Classic CC||00:06:00|
|Intro to Lightroom CC||00:05:00|
|White Balance and Saturation in Lightroom CC||00:06:00|
|Additional Resources – Advanced Child Psychology Level 3, 4 and 5||00:00:00|